20 Marketing Stats & Findings That Really Matter in 2020
So here they are: 20+ up-to-date marketing stats that really matter in 2020. Most of these are from 2019 although some are slightly older where more recent data is not yet available or the stat is still relevant for 2020.
This is an excellent article to bookmark for future reference to marketing statistics.
- 65% of the population aged 25-49 year speak to their voice-enabled devices at least once a day. (PWC, 2019)
- Marketers who send emails on Tuesdays get the highest open rates. (Wordstream, 2019)
- 71% of Instagram users are under the age of 35. (Statitsa, 2019)
- More than 70 percent of all web forms are abandoned and it continues to plague digital marketers.(MyFormData, 2020)
- Video is the #1 form of media used in content strategy, overtaking blogs and infographics. (HubSpot, 2020)
- CEOs on LinkedIn have an average of 930 connections (LinkedIn, 2019)
- Using videos on landing pages will increase conversions by 86%. (Wordstream, 2018)
- 70-80% of search engine users are only focusing on the organic results. (MarTech, 2018)
- Spending for marketing automation tools is expected to reach $25.1 billion annually by 2023. (Martech Today, 2018)
- Page speed optimization is the #1 technical SEO tactic used to improve site performance. (HubSpot, 2020)
- There has been a 900% increase in searches that contain “___ near me today/tonight” over the last two years. (Think with Google, 2018)
- Over 67% of internet users say they read blogs regularly. (Quoracreative, 2019)
- 27% of salespeople are spending an hour or more on data entry each day. (HubSpot, 2019)
- Facebook is the #1 social channel used by marketers, with the highest return on investment. (HubSpot, 2020)
- LinkedIn has 562 million members. (LinkedIn, 2018)
- Having a video thumbnail in the search results can double your search traffic. (Search Engine Journal, 2018)
- Strategic landing pages are used by 68% of B2B businesses to acquire leads. (Marketo, 2018)
- 47% of internet users globally use an ad-blocker today. (Digital Information World, 2019)
- AI use grew by 270% over the last four years. (Leftronic, 2019)
- Video marketers are said to get 66% more qualified leads yearly than those who don’t focus on video. (Hubspot, 2020)
Hopefully, the up-to-date stats in this article will be of some use for you in the year ahead. See form abandonment statistics.
Now that you’re here
Generate more leads by seeing who visits your abandoned web-forms with MyFormData.
Instantly grow your email list, get more leads, and increase sales with the #1 conversion optimization toolkit. Works with almost any form. Import your data to your existing sales & marketing tools. Easily follow up with interested leads and turn them into loyal customers.
If you liked this blog post, you’ll probably love MyFormData, too. All plans FREE for the first 30-days. No credit card needed. Start my free trial.